Hosting a destination event means that fun times and memorable moments extend beyond the actual day of your event. There’s not just one party and everyone goes home. Guests typically fly in for a few days to a week, and from beach days to memorable dinners in the city’s hottest dining spots, the celebration extends over the number of days everyone is in town. By default, your destination event will be that much more memorable than a one day party at home.
WHY CHOOSE SOUTH FLORIDA?
1: SUNSHINE, SUNSHINE, SUNSHINE!
It’s not called the “Sunshine State” for nothing! When it’s still snowing in Michigan in late Spring or an icy wind is blowing through Manhattan, we’re sipping Champagne cocktails poolside and planning starlit, rooftop dinners. The weather in South Florida is legendary. Yes, we do get a little rain occasionally, but over the course of your stay, you’ll have plenty of beautiful days.
2: LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION! UNIQUE, WORLD-CLASS EVENT VENUES
Believe it or not, we’re not all about the beach in South Florida. In fact, according to a study done by The Knot, “only about a quarter of 2015 wedding ceremonies in the state took place on the beach!” We strongly suggest you click here for a vast selection of spectacular, unusual and unexpected venues in the region. We have exotic gardens, quaint farmhouses and picturesque rural scenes, magnificent mansions, historic buildings, trendy urban settings, museums, performance halls, theme parks, beach front…. Pretty much anything you can imagine! Peruse our list of fabulous venues and we’re sure you'll be sold! In fact, South Florida’s awesome venues are probably reason number one to book an event here! Click here for a list of some of South Florida's best venues!
3: EXOTIC, TROPICAL, BEAUTIFUL
We’re not only all about designer hotels and hot night spots here in South Florida. Mother nature has graced us with many of her gifts, so make the most of what nature has to offer while you’re in town for your event. Get your group together for a fan boat thrill ride through the Everglades, rent some paddle boards and go searching for manatees, go fishing or kayaking and don’t forget the unique and exquisite Fairchild Tropical Gardens where you can wander through magical dreamscapes of tropical flora. At the end of the day, find a spot on Biscayne Bay, facing west, and watch the sun set over the bay with Mojitos in hand. You may even be lucky enough to see dolphins frolicking in the water nearby while the sun dips over the horizon.
4: EXTRAORDINARY EVENT PROFESSIONALS TO HELP YOU PULL OFF THE EVENT OF YOUR DREAMS!
We now have to point out that this list is not in order of importance because it’s impossible to choose which point should be number one! Let’s just say that every one of these reasons is as important as the next! Miami has attracted some of the best event professionals from around the world. From event planners and stylists to caterers and rental companies, you will find some of the most stellar professionals with exceptional reputations ready to help you make your event the best time of your life!
5: THERE'S SO MUCH TO DO WHILE YOU'RE HERE!
We already covered a few possible nature-related activities above, under point number 3. So, let’s see what else is going on here in South Florida. Remember, there is so much to do that the few pointers below are only the tip of the iceberg. Do some digging online or ask your event planner for advice. In the meantime, check these out:
- Great Restaurants: from fashionable South Beach hot spots with resident DJs to hidden gems offering surprising culinary delights, and everything in between, there’s no shortage of wonderful places to dine with your group or alone. Check out the Wine n Dine app, ask your event planner for some tips or do a little research online. We know you’ll be impressed!
- Nightlife: If you like to hit the clubs, Miami has a few! Check out South Beach’s hottest nightclubs. Chances are there’s a guest DJ you’ve been wanting to see or they have some interesting events going on. Most of the South Beach hotels also offer great opportunities to unwind with cocktails and music. The Edition even has a neon lit bowling alley and ice rink in the basement.
- Catch a show: Check out show schedules for Miami's top venues and performance halls. The New World Symphony has a fantastic roster of events. You might be able to see the symphony perform under the direction of their artistic director, Michael Tilson Thomas. An event that you won’t find anywhere else in the world is the New World Symphony’s Wallcast. Open and free to the public, you can bring a blanket and a picnic and watch the symphony in real-time, projected onto the 7000 square foot wall of the Frank Gehry designed building in beautiful Sound scape park. The experience is awesome and magical and if a Wallcast is scheduled during your stay, we recommend you check it out.
- Visit a Museum: The BASS Museum is Miami Beach’s contemporary art museum and it just reopened after extensive renovations. They have a fascinating permanent collection and always have new and interesting current exhbitions. Stop for lunch at the BASS Café, operated by Thierry Ismabert. The Café is open every day except Tuesday.
- Wynwood and the Miami Design District: Wynwood is Miami’s arts district and most of the warehouse gallery walls are decorated with some of the most spectacular street art in the world! Post some stunning pics of yourself in front of a wall designed by Shepherd Fairey or some other famous street artist and make your Instagram followers green with envy! Miami’s Design District is just north of Wynwood and offers some exclusive high-end shopping. Even if you don’t have a shopping budget, it’s still worth a visit because everything has been renovated and it’s simply beautiful and charming.