The Provencal Sour is a fine Spring cocktail and quite easy to make yourself! Staying true to the craft cocktail tradition, we want to keep away from colored additives, mixers and store-bought syrups. Practice your cool bartending skills, follow the directions using the 4 simple ingredients listed here, and you’ll have a sweet, fragrant taste of spring with a kick of bourbon.
Cocktail Photography by Eric Monteiro
- .75 oz lemon juice
- 1 oz Lavender Syrup (see recipe below)
- 1.75 oz Bourbon Whiskey
- 1 Egg White
- Squeeze lemon juice into your mixing glass.
- Add Bourbon & Lavender Syrup
- Crack an egg and add the egg white (discard the yolk with the shell)
- Dry shake all ingredients (Dry shake means shaking the ingredients without ice)
- Add ice and re-shake
- Strain over new ice into a rocks glass.
- Use lemon Puck, express oils and discard.
- Garnish with lavender flowers
Craft Cocktails are a delicious addition to any social or corporate event, read more about the tastiest cocktails for your spring and summer events HERE...
Add equal parts water and syrup in a small pot with a handful of dried lavender petals. Bring to boil, simmer a few minutes. Allow to cool, then strain through a mesh sieve into a glass container. You will have enough for several recipes, so keep it in the fridge in an airtight container.