A week full of fun and creativity; we work hard, but love the challenge, the friends that are made along the way and the many beautiful moments, particularly at special celebrations such as important birthday milestones and baby or wedding showers.
Why not throw a decadent afternoon tea party to celebrate your birthday with 20 girlfriends? We love the idea, and the spread at this beautiful Miami Beach private residence was fabulous. We laid out Petit Fours, little sandwiches, mini quiches, macarons and pastries. This particular tea involved copious amounts of champagne too, and I can definitely relate to that! As Coco Chanel once said: "I only drink champagne on two occasions. When I am in love and when I am not," cheers I say! Thank you Caron Cole (event planner,) for the beautiful photos.
We had the pleasure of catering a late night wedding at the trendy Maps Backlot in the Wynwood Arts District. This was a destination wedding with the bride and groom flying in from D.C. where they work at the IMF and the World Bank. Guests arrived from all over the world, with at least 20 nationalities represented at this special celebration.
The bride's late father was a famous artist in Lebanon, and she planned a tender surprise for her family, by choosing a selection of her favorite paintings by her dad to be featured on the place cards.
The menu featured Latin Miami Flavors at a Master Of The Grill Station (churrascuria steaks,) a Salad Station, a Paella Station and a fresh fruit display. A dessert food truck showed up at 1:00am and guests danced and celebrated until after 3:30am. Mint and Passion Fruit Mojitos were served throughout the evening.
(Thanks to: Solea Events; Petal Productions; Simply Rustic; Sunset Event Productions.)
- Another wedding we catered last week was small and intimate. The happy couple finally tied the knot after being together for 30 years! A small dinner celebration was held for a close knit circle of friends and family at a stunning Miami Beach home.
- Last, but not least, we catered a wedding at the iconic Vizcaya Museum and Gardens last weekend. This time an intimate affair for 70 people. (Thanks to: Avant Gardens; Luxe Rentals and Lavish rentals.)
Birthdays & Cocktails & Yachts....
- Many generations got together for a dinner party to honor their grandmother's 80th birthday. We provided the buffet, but were upstaged by the children performing a special song and dance for their great grandmother!
- A birthday boy and his friends flew in from Boston and rented a mansion in Hollywood for the week. We got to cater a sumptuous birthday buffet for this 50th birthday party.
- Residents of a Williams Island building enjoyed cocktails and butler-passed hors d'oeuvres at a gathering to bid farewell to a significant residence staff member.
- A Luxury Yacht Sales and Charter Company called us to cater 3 days of lunches for an event hosted by a charter expert form Greece. Clients looking to book a charter in the Greek isles enjoyed gourmet Greek food like Tzatziki, Deconstructed Greek salad, Greek Lemon Chicken Breast, Moussaka and Baklava.
Lacoste are the primary sponsor of the Miami Open tennis Tournament, and they are keeping the momentum with a VIP shopper experience at their Lincoln Road Boutique. We've been in the store every day between 12 and 8pm, serving champagne and hors d'oeuvres.
LEXUS POP UP CONCERT SERIES with PANDORA, FT. BIG BOI DJ SET
Big Boi from Outkast was DJ for the night at this pop up concert sponsored by Lexus and Pandora. The crowd went crazy while he played some of his classic hits. We provided bar and beverages for this awesome party.
I usually wouldn't include stellar reviews in a blog post, but you know how it is when you work so hard and someone takes the time to share their gratitude and appreciation? It feels really great! Many thanks to our wonderful clients, it's always a pleasure :-)